29 Model A Roadster license plate mounting

LCK81403

Recently acquired my first Model A, a '29 roadster.  My state, Colorado, requires two license plates but the car only has a left-rear bracket to mount a plate.  What is generally done, or correctly done to mount a license plate in the front?  There is no plate bracket on the front of this car.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 2:53 PM, LCK81403 said:

Recently acquired my first Model A, a '29 roadster.  My state, Colorado, requires two license plates but the car only has a left-rear bracket to mount a plate.  What is generally done, or correctly done to mount a license plate in the front?  There is no plate bracket on the front of this car.

I used pipe hangers I got from ACE hardware. I put the half circle end on the light Bar and attached the plate to the hanger. They are not visible like those plate hangers everyone uses. They look like a "P" but open so you can put it on the light bar. it's not fastened to the light bar, only the plate. The end of the hanger is mounted hole end up. I think they might be for 3/4 inch pipe or maybe 1/2." There only about $1.00 each or a couple dollars for a pair. 

• 2 weeks later...

That will do the trick.  On the mounts the vendors carry, they are repros of factory.  You can tell an A guy who knows his stuff, they should mount so they are not visible either, rather than hanging the plate down.  Looks much neater.  But your solution will do same for sure.