Wind Shield Replacement

If there is some one out there that has replaced a TC wind shield, would you please provide the rest of us with detail instructions on removal and installation.  Don't assume anything as far as parts and tools needed for the task.  Thank You.

Bob

I think he wanted instructions on HOW to do it. Only thing I have to offer here is that the trim around the glass has to come off and the clips are known to break, the glass can be replaced with a LeBaron one if a TC specific one can't be found.

13 hours ago, checkmate said:

I've replaced 2 windshields. I used a company called Safelight. I live in Florida. The hardtop has to be removed. 

This is the only sensible way to replace a TC windshield. TRUST ME!

My first hope was to remove a wind shield when a TC is in the junk yard.  I would save it off should the time come to replace one.  I would guess that if I had a replacement that SafeLight would us mine.  LKQ charges $40 for a wind shield.

2 hours ago, Garnet & Gold said:

My first hope was to remove a wind shield when a TC is in the junk yard.  I would save it off should the time come to replace one.  I would guess that if I had a replacement that SafeLight would us mine.  LKQ charges $40 for a wind shield.

I may go back and attempt to pull the one off the TC at the junkyard here. It still has the original Maserati glass-mines been replaced prior to me buying the car.