For Sale: 1971 Lincoln Continental sedan - $4,000 - Westerville, OH - Not Mine

58L-Y8

For Sale: 1971 Lincoln Continental sedan - $4,000 - Westerville, OH

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/westerville-1971-lincoln-continental/7200441991.html

1971 Lincoln Continental Survivor.  Good condition inside and out for a 50 year old car.  Very original - numbers matching car. No modifications. Even has original radio.  460 Cubic Inch V8. 105,000 original miles. Loaded - leather interior.  Engine runs smooth and quiet. Transmission shifts solid. Brakes are in good condition. All fluids are clean and full.  No leaks and no noises.  Stored indoors. Aside from minor rust at lower fenders and behind rear wheels, the car is extremely solid. Floors, doors, hood and trunk are solid.  Power windows do not work. Excellent classic car. Asking $4000.

I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO TEXT MESSAGES OR EMAIL. PHONE CALLS ONLY.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1971 Lincoln Continental sedan.  Note: Seller states power windows not functional, also minor lower body rust.  Each is typical for these Lincolns.   Otherwise, mechanically robust cars, though power windows had Bosch motors that were poorly sealed, also a circuit breaker which could be troublesome.  For a relatively low price, they are great highway cruisers, very comfortable and powerful, but good for only 10 mpg regardless of how driven.

'71 Lincoln Continental OH a.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH b.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH c.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH d.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH e.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH f.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH g.jpg

'71 Lincoln Continental OH h.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Triple black is perfect on this car.

The color is hard to discern from the pictures,

but I saw a very dark green for the paint and the

seats.  Clicking on the Craig's List ad, I see the

provided data indeed indicates "green."

This appears to be a good car, and it's a forgotten

model that isn't often seen.  1971 Lincoln Mark III's

outnumber it today, probably 15 or 20 to 1.

Yes, its a very dark Brewster Green inside and out, almost looks black, quite attractive.  I had a 1970 Lincoln Continental sedan about forty years ago as a used car, enjoyed it, would have another if the situation were amiable to do so.    And, yes indeed, they are a forgotten, overlooked model in the shadow of the Continental Mark III, but represent a value opportunity for collectors.

• 3 years later...

I had one of these cars. It was just after I left the US Army in 1986. I would give my left nut or trade my W212 Mercedes to trade for it? I find it amusing that the W 123 I have is actually worth more than than the car I drive. Ohio? If we make a deal? I'll take one of those cars and drive that thing home to Montana. BTW - I have a friend making  a car deal that got shot two days ago. Be wary...

Contents

Gerald Rudolff

Contents

Gerald Rudolff

Contents

Gerald Rudolff

Contents

Gerald Rudolff

2017-08-05_phil_08052017.jpg

My first question about this car would be, "Does the AC work?" I like the car, but it has been stated that the power windows do not work. This could be a little uncomfortable in the summer, if you can't cool this beautiful car down. GLWTS

• Like 1