WTB 1948 Chrysler Windsor 4 door engine/transmission/radiator

Hi all, I’m looking for the original C38 engine that came with the ‘48 Windsor.  The PO blew the original and put a D24 in it, which is 2” shorter.  I’ve worked on cars for years, but new to car restoration, so I’m open for other options like an engine from a later model that would work, or even a slant 6 or a 318.  

Also, l’d like to get the transmission and the radiator.

Thanks a bunch!

Rudy

I have a an engine that would need rebuilt that you can have if you want to pull it.

The front clip is off and has been sitting in the open for a few years. I doubt that it would turn now.

I believe it is a 1946.

Located between Portland and Salem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, c49er said:

It's a 1948 Chrysler Windsor engine.

$50.00...you come and get it.

I may do that! Can you tell me if it’s still in the vehicle, or out already?  That’ll tell me what I need to bring. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 5:16 PM, LRudyD said:

Hi all, I’m looking for the original C38 engine that came with the ‘48 Windsor.  The PO blew the original and put a D24 in it, which is 2” shorter.  I’ve worked on cars for years, but new to car restoration, so I’m open for other options like an engine from a later model that would work, or even a slant 6 or a 318.  

Also, l’d like to get the transmission and the radiator.

Thanks a bunch!

Rudy

Rudy,  I just came across your post. Do you have any interest in buying a COMPLETE 48 Windsor that has been dismantled, primed etc.  The engine. transmission, torque converter radiator, radio etc have all been professionally done and I have all paperwork.  Have had this car since 1978 and I am 2nd owner.  Located just North of Fort Wayne, IN.   Thank you,   Tom Hoot

• 6 months later...

Dear LRudyD,

I am new on here and thought my email would tell me when to check for messages. Tried to PM you but website says I don't meet the minimum content requirement to send personal messages. FYI I just posted on 1948 Chrysler Parts For Sale.  Can be contacted through tomhoot@comcast.net

Thank you.