Asking for ID of an early Car. Chatham Ontario?

E.B.

I have an old photograph on a grey matt with the photographers Imprint of Baikie, Chatham, Ontario, (Canada). There are three cars leaving what may be a car manufacturing plant. I would like to ask if someone would know the make and year of these cars please.
Thank you,
Ed.Factory.thumb.JPG.856e1b06ebdb2ba11b838ca4789798dc.JPGCar.thumb.JPG.b7ecfecf86e1beec6288e574b72c9e5d.JPG

By the look of the front fenders which have the "lip" earlier Fords lack (1910>) and the rear fenders, which dont appear to have the filler panel where it meets the body (1911>), and the headlamps that look like Jno. Brown  Model 15 units(1910), I would guess they are 1910 Town Cars.  Town Cars were not only popular with the Nouveau Rich, Hoity Toity crowd-(although perhaps not Packard, Rolls Royce or Winton rich....) , but were probably more commonly used as taxis.

• Like 1

All American and Canadien  "T"s were LHD, regardless of year- it was one of the "T"s defining characteristics, and because they soon dominated the market, other makers eventually followed Ford's lead.

Of course, European countries and their colonial possessions retained the RHD configuration and Model "T"s built in those territories were RHD and any vehicles bound for those markets were also RHD.

I dont see a RHD, the lead car occupant is in the passenger seat and reaching over to the steering wheel

It is my understanding that Canadian Model T Fords were produced both LHD and RHD, since early on each Province had their own laws about which side of the road you drove on. If you started out at the Pacific Ocean driving across Canada you were in British Columbia and drove on the left side of the road( RHD car). In the prairie you would switch to the other side, then back in Ontario, Quebec would be another switch then finally back to the left side in the British Maritime Provinces. In the 1920s standardization took place. 

Foreign sales of Model T Fords were for the most part determined by whether the country was in the British Commonwealth. Taxation meant that Canada ( England) supplied Fords to those countries and they were RHD ( examples: Australia, India, South Africa). A notable exception was Japan where RHD Model T's were supplied from the USA.

Before Ford production started in Canada, RHD cars were exported from Detroit.

I agree that the pictured Model T Fords are LHD and believe them to be America production exported to Canada as chassis to be fitted with Canadian built bodies and lamps.

• Like 1