Where to post?

1913Mercer

• gwells changed the title to Where to post?
45 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

If you are posting about really early cars a similar or duplicate post in the Brass Era forum way down near the bottom in addition to a General  post can't hurt.

Greg

No one would know New Members arrived if they posted away from the General Form. 

Bob 

1913Mercer,

Ask your question.  The "General Discussion" category gets the most views, so best chance you will get an answer.  If it is more technical and you want less opinions put it in the "Technical" area.  No questions are too small, the people here are all about old cars... the more original the better.  If there is a problem with the category our awesome moderators will nudge you in the right direction.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the people and answers as much as I have.

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

No one would know New Members arrived if they posted away from the General Form. 

Well, I for one would know as I read all the new posts every day and I personally know some others that do as well.

I give a big two thumbs up to our moderators.  They are obliging as well as doing a good job at pleasing wrenching hoards that populate our forums.

None of you would like me as a moderator because I would remove, not move, many posts.  Most of the ones would be in the "buy or sell" sections or buying or selling in any other section and then I would move in to spelling, tense and finally nomenclature. For example the difference between break/brake, advice/advise etcetera. 😀😀😀

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Tinindian said:

Well, I for one would know as I read all the new posts every day and I personally know some others that do as well.

I give a big two thumbs up to our moderators.  They are obliging as well as doing a good job at pleasing wrenching hoards that populate our forums.

None of you would like me as a moderator because I would remove, not move, many posts.  Most of the ones would be in the "buy or sell" sections or buying or selling in any other section and then I would move in to spelling, tense and finally nomenclature. For example the difference between break/brake, advice/advise etcetera. 😀😀😀

You must have a lonely life if you have time to scroll EVERY section for new members, I only read the sections I have an interest in. Bob 

I'm not lonely and I don't scroll every post looking for new members, I scroll every post to learn things.  One thing that amazes me is how many times (at least twice a week) someone on one thread is looking for something that is available in another thread or vice versa.