1973 Centurion convertible

B Jake Moran

Yellow and green is a very unusual color combination

for 1973, but good looking.  To me, that makes the car

more interesting.

However, the detail photos show that some work is

needed:  some rust;  many dings in the side;  torn top.

I agree with Lance above, that the price is currently

far too high.

For everyone's use after the ad expires, here is the

text of the ad and the all-important phone number:

"1973 Buick Centurion Convertible. The Centurion was Buick's only convertible offering in 1973. This would also be the final year for the Centurion series. GM would not see another Buick convertible until the Buick Riviera in 1982. Total Centurion production was 110,539 units, including 10,296 convertibles. With only three years of production, the Centurion had one of the shortest model runs in modern Buick history.

This was my father's car, he redid the carpet himself and the upholstery is in great condition, just needs a good cleaning. 455 V8, 3 speed Automatic Turbo 400 Transmission, dual exhaust, AC, power windows, radio, and dash clock.

It does have some surface rust and a little rust on the quarter panels and trunk corners (see pics). The top does have a tear in it and is finicky when putting up or down, will probably need to be replaced. The car does run and drive, but how reliable it is, is debatable. The rocker panels are free of any rust. The odometer says 39,899...but cannot confirm actual mileage. Wouldn't take much to get this car back to its glory days.

We are asking $10,000 but we are open to negotiations. Please feel free to text or
call 715-271-745-one with any questions or to set up a time to come see it. The car is currently located in Holcombe, WI."