***SOLD*** Studebaker '41-'50 Ignition Points

r1lark

Studebaker Ignition Points – get two sets of quality USA made ignition points for the price of cheap Chinese parts!  Two (2) sets of Echlin CS715A Heavy Duty points, fit the following Studebakers:

·         ’41-’42 Champion & Commander with Auto-Lite IGC distributor

·         ’46 Champion

·         ’46 truck M5, M16, M17 with Auto-Lite IGC distributor

·         ’47-’48 truck M5, M15, M16, M17

·         ’47-’49 Champion & Commander

·         ’48 truck M16, M17

·         ’49-’50 truck R5, R15 with Auto-Lite IGC distributor

·         ’49-’50 truck R16, R17

·         ’50 Champion with Auto-Lite IGC distributor

Crosses to Studebaker 667660

Also fits Packard ’40 6-cylinder 1800, and ’41-’47 6 cylinder 1900, 1950, 2000, 2100 if Auto-Lite distributor

Both sets for $14 plus USPS shipping, message me on this Forum if interested or have questions.

DSC05526.JPG

DSC05529.JPG

Edited by r1lark (see edit history)

You would't have an Autolite catalog,  or know about how to read the part numbers would you?

I have IGW 3028 AS  and wonder if it is the same as what you have listed?   And what do the 2 letters mean on the end of the part number? 

( I have several other numbers to figure out too and would buy a catalog, or copy . )

(S), I can help you out on the Autolite p/ns. I have several AutoLite catalogs. Send me a message on this forum with the p/n's and your email, and I'll scan the pages. In a nutshell, the IGW 3028 AS fits the '50 Champion with the IAT AutoLite distributor, and the '51 thru '57 Champions, as well as the corresponding trucks. My latest AutoLite catalog only goes thru 1957. 

I also have an AutoLite to Studebaker x-reference that I can see what that says. 

Paul

Every 6 cylinder Studebaker from 1941 - 1959 used one set of points.... It was an Autolite set of points from the factory...

I have an Autolite catalog from yesteryear, but not handy...

My Standard (the best brand of non original ignition EVER, and some of their products, Blue Streak for example, were actually far better than O.E.M., in the GM world, in the Ford world, in the Mopar World, and beyond...)

The CS715A illustrated above (it is not in my interchange, but Echlin, an acceptable middle of the road company, would supercede #s frequently... I can look at my illustrated catalog to see if those are correct, or if they are backwards, which fits something else -- NO Studebaker, however, on the "backwards" set...)

I DO have some remaining AL4556P , which is the Standard part #

for the 1941 - 1959 Studebaker 6 cylinder, and *** some ***

AL4556XP -- which was the Standard BLUE STREAK # !!!!!!

Also, Condensers, Rotors, and Caps for that application......

2 hours ago, mobileparts said:

I can look at my illustrated catalog to see if those are correct, or if they are backwards, which fits something else -- NO Studebaker, however, on the "backwards" set...)

They are correct for the application I listed, per the Echlin catalog. 

• r1lark changed the title to ***SOLD*** Studebaker '41-'50 Ignition Points