OLD DODGE - $1,800 (Chelsea VT). Not Mine. it's a 1950 Sedan but turn key for $1800

Just found this running and driving for $1800.  They don't get much cheaper and be roadworthy.   I paid not too much less for my 49 Coupe 30 years ago.  Similar shape.

Another of those value based Mopars.

Now I would buy the Plymouth for 6 Personally but if you only have 2G and not a dime more,  then this is not a bad option to get the 40's/ 50's Feel.

Would be fun to just bang around town every day in like I did with My 49 Plymouth when I was 19.  I even cleaned it up and made a few bucks on it the next spring when I sold it.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/chelsea-old-dodge/7186430677.html

I bought this 1950 Dodge about 30 yrs ago and it was the 1st of many antique cars and trucks I've owned since.
I still have many and don't have time to drive them all. Some just sit in the garage waiting to be enjoyed again and it's time to let a few go.
It still has it's flat head six and 3spd manual fluid drive trans.It's solid rust free body was painted a rich Burgundy color about 40 yrs ago that has now faded to a nice patina that enhances the look of this 70 year old girl.
The interior isn't beautiful but is still very comfortable for 6 people.
She runs,drives and stops well and is ready to be enjoyed.
The car is 100% original except for the wide white radials and AM/FM/Cassette radio I added.
This is the perfect ride for the times.Shes so big you can take 3 passengers for a cruise and still stay socially distanced.
Asking $1800/OBRO
Phone calls are preferred.

00f0f_41ubJZwJ2nL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00A0A_3f0i7vymHz2_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00b0b_c45DFYMGHkd_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00101_41kwZkJdwzy_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00p0p_fIBJ4F2zb7t_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00x0x_2V3pJQ5fjf0_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• auburnseeker changed the title to OLD DODGE - $1,800 (Chelsea VT). Not Mine. it's a 1950 Sedan but turn key for $1800

Great deal! My wish would be that some 18 year old or college/grad student would buy it as an affordable way to get into a functional mid 20th century car. It's really nice to see young people go that direction.

Years ago I bought a "running" '50 Plymouth P-19 (very similar to this Dodge, but a 2 door fastback) for $1600, but it really wasn't running. I did all the usual things to get it to fire up - and it did - but it never really ran well enough for the road until I adjusted the timing way way way off from what the shop manual said it should be. I never figured that out, and I never felt comfortable getting it up 50 mph, which would've been that car's absolute max. Compression was poor anyway, and it knocked, but it did get me around for a while. I hear, however, that these engines are generally reliable and solid.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Great deal! My wish would be that some 18 year old or college/grad student would buy it as an affordable way to get into a functional mid 20th century car. It's really nice to see young people go that direction.

Years ago I bought a "running" '50 Plymouth P-19 (very similar to this Dodge, but a 2 door fastback) for $1600, but it really wasn't running. I did all the usual things to get it to fire up - and it did - but it never really ran well enough for the road until I adjusted the timing way way way off from what the shop manual said it should be. I never figured that out, and I never felt comfortable getting it up 50 mph, which would've been that car's absolute max. Compression was poor anyway, and it knocked, but it did get me around for a while. I hear, however, that these engines are generally reliable and solid.

Yeah when one gets to the point of an overhaul it really needs it.  They run well even in advanced states of deterioration.  Parts up the wazoo for them and even spare engines in good shape with all the rodders stuffing crate engines in them the guys will just about give you. 

They don't have alot of chronic problems alot of old cars do. They had a pressurized oil system and don't seem to have the overheating issues other cars have and the design was used largely unchanged from the 30's to around 1960 in cars. 

If I was younger like when I had my Plymouth I would have been all over it, to use just like the Plymouth.   

It can't depreciate much at that price.

• Like 2