Antique/Vintage Number Punches

theKiwi

Hi Everyone...

I'm wondering if anyone has a set of 3/16" high number punches in a vintage/antique style - I'm looking to have my 1926 Franklin's serial number stamped onto a reproduction Serial Number/instructions plate. The image is a close up of the number on the badly corroded plate showing the height of the space available, and the height of the letters used originally.

image.thumb.png.782428773352dcd8e64c046b6d5c5b87.png

A friend @PFitz has a set of ¼" punches, but they're actually 9/32" high, so it seems like a set of 3/16" punches might be the right ones to use.

Does anyone have a set of 3/16" punches that make numbers in this older serif style that would be interested in having me send them the new blank plate and could stamp this for me for a reasonable consideration?

Thanks

Roger

I have 4 sets of letters and numbers and had to buy another set to have the correct 3 and 1 seeing it is not just the size but also the shape of the letter. I had to mix and match from two sets to get it real close. 1912 engine was rotten from the inside out and was a major undertaking including 4 sleeves. 

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

You might try a company called Restostamps. I know they offer the unusual stamp set for Model A Ford's, so you might get lucky.

The Model T stamps from them are different than my numbers so check closely. My 3 is round on the top where there 3 is flat on top. 

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)