Anyone deal with Sherpa Auto Transport?

I've seen that I shouldn't use a broker to ship a car, but I can't find anyone to get the car shipped as of yet.  The most promising looks like Sherpa Auto Transport, which is a broker.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  Does anyone have any other recommendations to have a car shipped (from Madison, WI to northern VA)?  I'm not having any luck finding anyone yet; I have about a week to arrange shipment.  Thanks for any advice.

-Chris

If you do not want to read the whole quote, below is a quote from edinmass from this topic.

I move more cars than most people, I have  my own equipment, and also use one national carrier. Of all the national carriers, I only let ONE touch my cars.........the others I shall not comment upon or give factual stories of nightmares.........major nightmares they have been involved in. Trust me on this one boys. You have a car you care about, don’t want to fix after it arrives at your house, and they have drivers that car about what they are doing............there is ONLY ONE............ InterCity Lines. They ship 25 to 35 cars a year for me, for the last seven years. Big, 100 point stuff. I have NEVER had an issue. They also move all my friends cars. They are not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. I can tell you this.......they ARE the best. Ed.

3 hours ago, hursst said:

I've seen that I shouldn't use a broker to ship a car, but I can't find anyone to get the car shipped as of yet.  The most promising looks like Sherpa Auto Transport, which is a broker.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  Does anyone have any other recommendations to have a car shipped (from Madison, WI to northern VA)?  I'm not having any luck finding anyone yet; I have about a week to arrange shipment.  Thanks for any advice.

-Chris

Do not use a broker. All the haulers are busy now with the pandemic demand is way up......if your not a good regular customer it’s going to be difficult to move a car right now. You didn’t post what the car is. I had two cars shipped in the last ten days, and trust me......they only got done because I am a good customer. Using a broker, you are better off driving it to the location yourself. Ever seen a show car tied down by chains? I have. Or a three million dollar car trying to get loaded with a driver who can’t drive a stick? Yup, saw it in the last year. The guy who couldn’t drive a stick was a new hire for one of the top three high end companies......and it’s not the one I use, so deduction means that driver was in a orange or green rig...........enough said?

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to be very careful who I choose.  InterCity is now high on my list along with a friend of a friend.  

-Chris

I am dropping off near Green Bay, Wisconsin in the morning.

But then I am picking up this Reo Speedwagon and taking it to a museum in Lansing, Michigan.

4D5F80EE-3EE7-4ECC-8693-2A4E4A4EC4EA.jpeg.041695f979375091c32e660bada46d9c.jpeg

You can get vehicle transport anywhere as long as you are willing to pay what it takes to have it done.

Most folks don’t want to pay the price.

Jim

5 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

I am dropping off near Green Bay, Wisconsin in the morning.

But then I am picking up this Reo Speedwagon and taking it to a museum in Lansing, Michigan.

4D5F80EE-3EE7-4ECC-8693-2A4E4A4EC4EA.jpeg.041695f979375091c32e660bada46d9c.jpeg

You can get vehicle transport anywhere as long as you are willing to pay what it takes to have it done.

Most folks don’t want to pay the price.

Jim

Jim...always the same story.......save some money, and get a nightmare..............I have seen it countless times.

9 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Jim...always the same story.......save some money, and get a nightmare..............I have seen it countless times.

As with Life in General ...

You get what you pay for - sometimes you don’t like what you get.

Hope things are well in your neck of the woods 👋

Jim

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/17/2020 at 4:35 AM, Guest said:

If you do not want to read the whole quote, below is a quote from edinmass from this topic.

I move more cars than most people, I have  my own equipment, and also use one national carrier. Of all the national carriers, I only let ONE touch my cars.........the others I shall not comment upon or give factual stories of nightmares.........major nightmares they have been involved in. Trust me on this one boys. You have a car you care about, don’t want to fix after it arrives at your house, and they have drivers that car about what they are doing............there is ONLY ONE............ InterCity Lines. They ship 25 to 35 cars a year for me Flytte bedrift, for the last seven years. Big, 100 point stuff. I have NEVER had an issue. They also move all my friends cars. They are not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. I can tell you this.......they ARE the best. Ed.

Hey, there seems to be a lot of opinions on which transport companies to use, but I'm looking for more recent reviews/recommendations for enclosed transport. Any advice?