1930s Grand Prix tires

Nicolas Macan

5 hours ago, Ben P. said:

Alright, my memory was way off on the shipping cost - my receipt shows it came to $314.32US. Much less than I had feared but that is of course more than domestic shipping. It was shipped DHL, and as mentioned, the tires were on my doorstep 5 days after placing the order.

I’d still suggest shopping Blockley’s direct order pricing. Maybe he would explain the Lucas situation, not that I am questioning the relationship, but my understanding is Blockley has no US distributor but perhaps that was just for the newly introduced clincher type.

i very good option blockley´s!!!!    I asked Lucas if they have the dunlop R1 and do not bring it to the United States.   thanks fo all.

I should probably mention that this Bentley is frequently driven very fast. So speed rated is critical. I know that high speed driving is seriously punished in Chile. (I once manipulated the police into letting me go free from a speeding infraction, but that was the last time I ever drove over the speed limit in Chile. Mucho miedo. Ya se Como es la cosa).  BUT : speed rated is a much more robust tire. From many years and many thousands of miles of driving in Mexico, Central and South America, I know, and you certainly do know, how important the best quality tires are. I always advise adventure drivers visiting there to pay close attention to the tires on their rented vehicle. MAKE SURE TO VERIFY THAT THE SPARE TIRE ACTUALLY FITS THE CAR !!  (Oh, ask me some time how and where I learned that trick in Chile). And while you are at it, good practice to buy a second used spare tire and wheel to carry.   Buen viaje,   -   Carl 

5 minutes ago, C Carl said:

I should probably mention that this Bentley is frequently driven very fast. So speed rated is critical. I know that high speed driving is seriously punished in Chile. (I once manipulated the police into letting me go free from a speeding infraction, but that was the last time I ever drove over the speed limit in Chile. Mucho miedo. Ya se Como es la cosa).  BUT : speed rated is a much more robust tire. From many years and many thousands of miles of driving in Mexico, Central and South America, I know, and you certainly do know, how important the best quality tires are. I always advise adventure drivers visiting there to pay close attention to the tires on their rented vehicle. MAKE SURE TO VERIFY THAT THE SPARE TIRE ACTUALLY FITS THE CAR !!  (Oh, ask me some time how and where I learned that trick in Chile). And while you are at it, good practice to buy a second used spare tire and wheel to carry.   Buen viaje,   -   Carl 

Jeje right!  we have good private highways and the police are unforgiving !!!  but in my case the rallies that we organize will be on rough dirt roads !!  where endurance is paramount and speed is not that important!  (Patagonia, Pacific Ocean, Atacama Desert) the tire that you indicate of that bentley is spectacular! Thanks for your post!