1962 Rambler American Convertible - $2900 - South Windsor, CT - Not Mine - Posting Deleted

1962 Rambler American Convertible - $2900 - South Windsor, CT

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/south-windsor-1962-rambler-american/7169659905.html

Currently registered and on the road. Mechanically sound and has a solid body, needs cosmetics (paint and interior). 196 OHV inline 6 with automatic transmission.
Car has about 85000 miles but many of the worn parts have been swapped from a low mileage (35000) 63 convertible that had very bad front end structural rust. The parts swapped from the 63 include the engine and transmission, all window regulators, top assembly and more. Now pretty much everything on the car operates smoothly as it should. Also have but not installed all missing trim, a complete decent interior from the 63 including a really nice dash pad, and bins of miscellaneous. extras. I still have the 63 body with doors, hood, fenders, etc. I also have a spare engine. Buyer can take as much or as little of the 63 parts car as wanted.  Fun summer cruiser. Asking $2900 or b/o.   Please put "convertible" in your response so I know you're not a scammer. Also if the car is still posted it's still available so no need to ask. Thanks!

Copy and paste in your email:   092713da128f35c39e817a404a170280@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Rambler American Convertible.  Note: this funky little Rambler convertible is a good inexpensive entry for someone young to have some summer fun with while they learn about old cars. 

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct a.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct b.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct c.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct d.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct e.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct f.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct g.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct h.jpg

'62 Rambler American Convertible Ct i.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)

Definitely one of the cheapest if not the.  Buy it and just drive it for that price.  Would make a fun beater,  especially for a guy just starting out in the hobby as mentioned.  Be a cool first car for a 16-18 year old kid to bang around in for the summer that liked old cars. 

• Like 1