1954 King Midget - $2500 - Bethlehem, CT - Not Mine

1954 King Midget Series 2 - $2500 - Bethlehem, CT 

https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/d/bethlehem-1954-king-midget/7167976722.html

Offered for sale is this 1954 King Midget Series 2. These were built in Athens Ohio roughly from 1948 to 1968. There were 3 series and this is the second. I’ve seen these registered for road use. There is an International King Midget Club that hosts gatherings of these fun little cars and is a source of information and parts. I disassembled this many years ago to restore it, had the panels stripped and then the project stalled. I recently lost it’s storage area and decided to assemble and sell . Right now this Midget starts, steers, shifts, brakes, all the lights work as does the charging system. I have a non working radio, and wooden doors that are included. This would make a great restoration project for someone or it could be enjoyed as is. I do not have the “grill” but a reproduction is available. Key words rat rod, patina, convertible   No texts

Copy and paste in your email:

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 King Midget Series 2.

'54 King Midget CT a.jpg

'54 King Midget CT b.jpg

'54 King Midget CT c.jpg

'54 King Midget CT d.jpg

'54 King Midget CT e.jpg

'54 King Midget CT f.jpg

I saw one of these at a car show a couple of years ago, I don't think I would fit into it. The owner couldn't find replacement wheels so he ended up using golf cart wheels and tires. I love the microcars and it was one of my favorite finds of the 2018 show season.

30 minutes ago, Billy Kingsley said:

I saw one of these at a car show a couple of years ago, I don't think I would fit into it. The owner couldn't find replacement wheels so he ended up using golf cart wheels and tires. I love the microcars and it was one of my favorite finds of the 2018 show season.

I've only seen one myself, but it wasn't at a show. It was driving around locally several years ago. I saw the car not far from where I live, and one of the times it was backfiring pretty significantly. I never saw it after that, so I hope something didn't go horribly wrong.

• Like 1

About 30 or 40 years ago there was a guy that drove one of these around. Seems like he might have had some rack gizmo on hos motor home for it as well.

I saw one for sale a year ago at a dealer in Lodi CA I think it was.

He had a pretty cool very early Cushman trickster as well as some early bikes.