Anybody here know of an electrical guy in Whittier, California?

keiser31

HELP! A friend with a 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe in Whittier, California is needing an electrical guy to check out why his car won't start or get spark. Please let me know if anyone here knows of a guy....thanks in advance.

John

10525801_10203532419890076_1119341917302550620_n.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Consider me a last resort, since I am a novice. I live in the next city over, Hacienda Heights, and I own a 1926 Dodge Brothers. I am still quarantining right now, so not available yet. But if the need is still there in the future, I might be able to help. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DB26 said:

Consider me a last resort, since I am a novice. I live in the next city over, Hacienda Heights, and I own a 1926 Dodge Brothers. I am still quarantining right now, so not available yet. But if the need is still there in the future, I might be able to help. 

Thank you so much. I will private message you with his phone number.

UPDATE: Car is running like a dream. Turned out to be an inline cutoff switch for the ignition. My buddy said it worked before, but apparently it stopped working. They are notorious for that malady. A neighbor with Model A Fords went over to check it out and found the problem. I do NOT recommend the type of switch that was used. This is what the culprit looks like....

cutoff switch.jpg

• Like 1

Its always somethin easy.

I see those and those black plastic switches with the red key in bins at the cheapo supply guys at the swap meets.

Funny thing, I have both of those inline on one of my cars.

I know they are cheap and will fail, and I have no excuse.

But at least I will know where to look.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1