'65 fender removal: any tips and tricks?

DShoes

Hi All,

Pulling both outer fenders off my '65 and replacing with new from another '65 (after strip/seal/paint).

Any tips or tricks before I get started? Upper bumper is off. Lower bumper needs to come off. I'm a little unsure about the clamshell assembly...

Hoping the bolt locations aren't a mystery as I may have misplaced my body manual...

Thanks,

David 

When I was lining up the fenders on my 64, I took them on and off more than a couple of times each.  After the final fit, I got to wondering if it might be easier to remove / replace the fender and inner fender as a unit.  Bolted together but not tight.  Getting the fender lip over the inner fender is a real PITA. Has anyone done this? Pictures I've seen of period assembly lines seem to show fenders being mounted in this fashion.

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

When I was lining up the fenders on my 64, I took them on and off more than a couple of times each.  After the final fit, I got to wondering if it might be easier to remove / replace the fender and inner fender as a unit.  Bolted together but not tight.  Getting the fender lip over the inner fender is a real PITA. Has anyone done this? Pictures I've seen of period assembly lines seem to show fenders being mounted in this fashion.

Correct Ed

Tom M