1990 Coupe turn signal

ptt

1990 Coupe driverside turn signal illuminates both front and rear but doesnt blink.  Isnt there a couple of relays under the hood in the power center box that control the blinker function?  One for the left and one for the right?

Edited by ptt (see edit history)

If the lights illuminate but don't flash it is not the relay under the hood, it's the flashers located to the right of the steering wheel. They are up high and hard to get to. You must go after them from the bottom. One flasher is for the Hazard lights the other for the directionals. Easiest to tell which one to grab is to turn on the right directional and grab the one that is clicking.

• Like 2

The driverside signal is the one not blinking.  I switched out the relays under the hood and a good relay that worked in the right blinker position would not work in the left position but worked again when replaced in the right position.  As I understand it if ONLY one blinker is working it eliminates the relays up under the driverside dash area, right?  Only thing else is possibly a bulb?  A difference in resistnce like a bad bulb that makes the signal blink very fast?  How many bulbs do the blinking?  I think only two bulbs illuminate in the rear (a dark area between the two lit bulbs!) an it looks like just two in front come on when manually operating the turn signal stalk.  Ive become faily good at simulating the turn signal but miss my blinker....    

Three bulbs on each side at the rear do the blinking and they make a solid bar, no space in between segments. The outer two are directly cycled through the flasher under the dash but the inner rear bulb, the right end of the left rear signal, is operated through a relay bank inside the trunk on the right side wheelhousing. If you have a space between segments, you have a bulb out.