1940 Chrysler backup lights - where to put them

My 40 NewYorker came with backup lights that appear to be original although they are not mentioned in the Accessory Catalog I have copy of. The lights looked good being straight below the taillights as long as the bumper horns were incorrectly mounted too far inboard. Last year I moved the horns to the proper locations outside the rear deck and as a consequence, the backup lights now are partly hidden behind the horns and look out of place. Anyone having information as to where to locate the backup lights correctly? It must either be further outboard or possibly more to the inside of the horns. I have looked at pictures of several restored 1940 cars, and some have one large backup light partly behind the left bumper horn although none have the small ones as my car.

1804387759_40CNY170707Haukelireturaustover(10).thumb.jpg.1ca35ec3b71f2f6aac312d901a76562f.jpg631535669_200518CNYfototilfotobok(5).thumb.jpg.3d9e5c442eee25b4d33378736dc298d7.jpg1751956145_40Chry0origfoto1CNYCvt(3).jpg.530dc3ddba886f8c052117e08ffd9dda.jpg

I do not think what you have are original Mopar backup lamps AND the placement looks incorrect...........however I have been wrong at least one time in my life.

OEM lamps were on the body not on the stone deflectors between the body and the bumper.

Edited by marty mopar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marty mopar said:

I do not think what you have are original Mopar backup lamps AND the placement looks incorrect...........however I have been wrong at least one time in my life.

I agree.