Two 1953 Chrysler Windsor Deluxes, less than $10K.

Too many focus on the big money it seems to take to have an old car to enjoy.  But, if you keep your objectives modest and can appreciate the intrinsic qualities many older sedans have to offer, ownership can be a rewarding experience for you and your family.  I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sales of either car.

Two 1953 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe sedan, for your consideration:

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/hammett-53-chrysler-windsor-deluxe/7110363756.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/bellevue-1953-chrysler-windsor-deluxe/7116198468.html  

I own a ‘53 Chrysler Windsor. Its been a very fun and rewarding car. Certainly not expensive to acquire, yet the mechanical knowledge and experience I have gained from its ownership has been priceless. The cars offer comfortable cruising. Plenty of chrome and early 50’s luxury. 

Two more great MoPar bargains.  Great opportunities for someone looking to get into the hobby without spending too much.  These cars are bullet-proof and will run forever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Boy the teal/green 4 door is nice if all the work done is indeed true.  Great family car.  I think at this year in time the flat 6 was looked at as outdated and the market shows it.

1953-'54 was the end of the once-popular medium-priced six cylinder market segment, the smaller displacement V8 taking its place.  Chrysler, DeSoto, Pontiac, Kaiser quit offering those for 1955, Hudson and Nash after 1956, only Dodge soldiered on but that was with the longer term objective to enter the low-priced field with its 1960 Dodge Dart.  Plymouth was looking nervously over its shoulder at big brother Dodge...

Here's my '53 Chrysler again with some creative photography.  I'll likely own this car a very long time. I hope I never have to sell it for anywhere near $5K. I'll just keep driving and maintaining it. Until someday maybe when I might be forced to sell it. By that time I hope I won't care what it's worth. If anyone is interested in getting in to the old car hobby, just to get out and cruise. Take the family for ice creme. Be approached by lots of people who like to talk about cars...This is for you.

IMGP0098.JPG

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1