Leather seat repair

Buick35

1. I got some nice leather seats from the salvage yard,no tips or tares and they cleaned up nice.The only thing is that something heavy was sitting on them and made indentions.Is there someway of smoothing it out?Thanks,Greg

Probably not, once leather gets a crease or stretches, both of which probably happened here,  it usually stays.  You might try putting some heat on it, heat gun or sit in hot sun, and see if it retracts some.  You might also remove cover and wet the back side and see if it shrinks, although this will only work on real leather, not "bonded leather (made from scraps).

I doubt if you'll make much headway, if the leather is seriously creased/stretched.  Good luck.....

On 5/3/2020 at 7:36 AM, trimacar said:

Probably not, once leather gets a crease or stretches, both of which probably happened here,  it usually stays.  You might try putting some heat on it, heat gun or sit in hot sun, and see if it retracts some.  You might also remove cover and wet the back side and see if it shrinks, although this will only work on real leather, not "bonded leather (made from scraps).

I doubt if you'll make much headway, if the leather is seriously creased/stretched.  Good luck.....

Agreed,

You may want to put a wet towl on them and then iron them a bit  - perhaps cotton setting on the iron.  And then they will look all odd from the wet towl and walk away and leave for a day to dry.

It won't fix all stretch & dent seats, but I have had very good results with steam. It works to soften up stiff leather and it will also put some bounce back into scrunched foam seat cushions. Sometimes foam cushions are to old and need to be replaced.