Touch up side mirrors

pesd

7 hours ago, pesd said:

Might be a silly question, may be I should be able to tell but are the side mirrors on the TC metal, fiberglass , plastic?

Need to do some touch up , and lookin for the best application.

thx

Whether the mirrors are metal, fiberglass or plastic, you prepare them as you would the body of the car. Then paint them with the same paint as you would paint the rest of the car.

That is precisely how the outside mirrors on my red TC were repainted.

On the underneath side of your hood and in front of the drivers seat is the paint code for your car.  If you google PPG paint stores in your area, they can mix up the paint based on the code.  To the best of my recollection the cost was $13 for one pint.

Paint Code.JPG

Paint mixed specifically for plastic should contain a flex additive that is needed for bumpers that can flex upon slight impact and then go back to their original shape without cracking the paint. Non flexing parts of the car don't need that additive. Mirrors should use regular body paint since they don't flex. Different body materials can also cause a slight color difference even when painted at the same time, sealer and primer of different shades used under the paint can mitigate that difference to a large degree. 

Thanks everyone, I got it, just waiting on some nicer weather, I've got a detached heated garage out back but I have a tenant living above and doesnt like paint or exhaust fumes, I can paint in there with the windows and doors open but right now its snowing out, April 18th ??