1959 Buick Invicta 2 door hardtop - Not Mine

6T-FinSeeker

For Sale on Ebay:  1959 Buick Invicta 2 door hardtop in California  -  Starting bid $27,500  -  Ebay Seller:  gothicgold777 

Link:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Buick-Invicta/274334020119

Seller's Description:

Looking for something that's not your ordinary every day kind of ride? Then look no further as I offer up for auction one of the wildest and most beautiful machines ever created in the General Motors Design Studios. This is the car that was used as the inspiration for designing the 1959 Chevrolet Impala. Meet the 1959 "Invicta" by Buick. A rare and very nice example built and owned only in California since it left the factory. I have known of this car for approximately 20 years when I met the second owner who purchased it from the original owner 12 years prior to that. I bought the car April 17th 2013 and have added a little over 4,000 miles since then. Although I cannot confirm how many times the odometer has rolled over, I truly believe that the car has turned over only once.

Face it. Most 1959 Buick's (if you can find one for sale) are grotesque horrors of some lunatics drug crazed interpretation of what the car should look like or a rotted hulk that's been dragged out of a field and dubbed "a barn find". This is neither of those. This a well taken care of original sporting the 401 V8 and a rebuilt Dynaflow automatic that shifts beautifully. Naturally it has power steering and power brakes, EZI tinted glass throughout that has some mild de-lamination but still has a deep green look to it, and a foot controlled Wonderbar radio, which still works but either needs a good cleaning or the speaker re-coned as the reception is lousy. The engine is strong and runs fantastic. It's recently had a new water pump, carb rebuild, and the heater core was replaced and works great. The gear select indicator needs to be repaired because it does not line up as the gear lever shifts. The brakes and all of the electrical are in great working order. 

The paint is not perfect as can be seen in the pics. It's a repaint done sometime in the 1970's and wasn't the best. But I don't think it's as bad as an Earl Sheib job because there's no over spray on the inside of the car. It is an original Arctic White car. There are chips, cracks scratches here and there in the paint. Particularly noticeable are some paint cracks around the taillight area and rust has started to turn up there but it appears to be a minor fix that would be resolved with a good paint job- which is what this car deserves.  It looks like something got spilled on the hood at some point and messed the paint up and there's also a scrape on the passenger side quarter panel (very minor) that was given to me by some homeless dude on a bicycle who couldn't see me for all the recycled beers cans that were bagged up on his handle bars. The floors and frame are in great shape. There's no rot to describe on this car. No panels need replacing. It appears to have been a garage kept car it's whole life. I know it has been for at least the last 32 years.  The stainless is all there and in very nice shape-no major pitting seen anywhere. The rear bumper in particular looks it could use a good polishing vs,possibly, a re chrome.

The interior was 100% original when I bought it but the front seat was showing wear and splitting at the seams. I tried to preserve it but I couldn't find a shop that would attempt to repair it. So I forked out over $4,000 on the correct fabric and vinyl then had the seats restored exactly to original. Finally, I covered them in plastic just like they did back in the 50's and 60's because who the hell wants to spill a Starbucks coffee on $4,000 worth of upholstery? I also had the carpet replaced using 1959 Chevrolet gray Tuxedo which turned out really nice. The side panels, headlining, package tray, and the padded dash are all original. The package tray is the one thing that shows its age and should be replaced at some point. The are seat belts installed in the front but not in the back. I have the belts but have never installed them. I don't often have rear seat passengers and, if I did and were in a pile up on the freeway, rear seat passengera have plenty of windshield to fly through as 1959 Buick windshields are MASSIVE! The rear belts come with the car.

You're probably asking yourself if this really is an original CA car then why doesn't it have the correct black and yellow plates that would have been issued in 1963? The answer would be my friend thought it would be cool to get personalized plates with his name on and so the original plates are long gone. The YOM plates that are on the car are something I prefer to keep but can go with the car if it remains in California.

Car is being sold AS IS/WHERE IS. This is a NO RESERVE auction so let's not play around with bidding OK? I'm looking for a serious buyer from anywhere in the world who can appreciate the rare opportunity buying this year and model presents. Winning bidder is responsible for arranging transport if not picking up in person. A non refundable deposit of $1000 is due within 48 hours of end of auction via the Pay Pal address provided. Final payment is due within 7 days of end of auction. I can store the car safely while waiting for transport. Please asses transport costs BEFORE you bid. An enclosed carrier transport can be upwards of over $2000 if traveling coast to coast. Naturally it will be more if going over seas. That being said, make sure you ask whoever you live with or sleep with, or pay rent to if it's OK to buy the car before you get involved with bidding. If you need the blessing of your priest, then get it before you bid! Please feel free to ask questions. I will try to provide additional pictures of the car if requested. I reserve the right to end this auction at anytime in the event I manage to sell the car through other venues. Thanks for looking and remember to BID RESPONSIBLY!

image.png.5850a9132d27f5f3183e59483009b7d6.png

image.png.c334f495fab31aaeb91e7f4f37ab763c.png

image.png.e59fff0595dba84a4cf007bb37f05c78.png

image.png.6325aa6f72f2b21d85bbd35065857bd9.png

image.png.6da542030a61f879cad8c1a47125fbb9.png

image.png.3a17231fd1ab8aa1edd917b66dec2655.png

image.png.2afc9622582114da406966e2b85b0f3d.png

image.png.8efb8d407aa45d1f78ada4cb34a1ba05.png

image.png.d4393f2e66789671fb162b995bc2c63c.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
insert link (see edit history)
  • Like 3

At a starting bid of 27,500 it's not probable that there is going to be any higher bids.

It's a nice car. GLWTS

On 4/14/2020 at 1:36 AM, lrlforfun said:

I wish the seller would spare the schmaltz though.

Cars tend to carry the karma of previous owners. You may have to live with some feeling of that as an owner yourself.

Bernie

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:36 AM, lrlforfun said:

OK Buick People: Very tidy original. I wish the seller would spare the schmaltz though.   The price?  I'm in no man's land there.  Mitch

Mitch, if you were thinking to buy this car, what do you think it is worth?  Would you repaint?  Thanks!  JP

OK JP: Looks like a nice car.  I believe that an actual physical inspection and drive would be  absolutely necessary. There still is a lot of money to spend on it. Would I paint it? If i wanted perfect, yeah.  It depends on the owner's threshold for sure.  I do the 60 so this might be outta my wheelhouse. I thing South of 20 after a good look over is the money.   Mitch

• Thanks 1