1958 Packard 58L 2 door hardtop - CT - Not Mine

For Sale by Dealer:

1958 Packard 58L 2 door hardtop on Craigslist   -  Deep River, CT  -  $10,500        (There are 24 pictures in the Craigslist ad)

No Phone # Provided, Reply through the Craigslist Ad: aab54b7edf5c3e5bb7659455f573d4a3@sale.craigslist.org

Link to ad: https://hartford.craigslist.org/ctd/d/deep-river-1958-packard-58l-2-door/7101721504.html

Seller's Description:

1958 Packard 58L 2 door hardtop

This is a 3 or 4 owner car depending on how one looks at ownership.
It is a California car for most of it's life and and one of only 670+/- produced.

The first owner bought new in CA and owned it for many years. He sold/donated the car to a museum out there where it sat in their storage area for many years. It's believed to have been repainted in the first owner's possession and the interior was probably done at the same time. After holding it for many years the museum sold off several of the cars in it's storage and the 2nd/3rd owner purchased the car just 5 years ago. He registered the car and drove it quite a bit but then needed to sell, so it was purchased by the current owner. His plan was to have a trifecta of rare 58 Packards and as such he had a wagon (recently sold) a 4 door sedan and this 2 door. They were project cars and he now feels that it will be too much to bring them all back, so the wagon was sold and this 2 door is now being sold.

In 58, Packard and Studebaker were merging and in an effort to save money, many Packards were simply Studebakers with some odd bits tagged on. This car would have been a Studebaker President Starlight, however, to make it a Packard, they added on extra fiberglass wings, metal dual headlight pods, a fiberglass, wider facia, hood and a matching valance. The 4 door sedans and wagons end up looking a bit odd, but the 2 door models pull it off rather well.

The car for sale was repainted from what is belived to be a cream/white color to the two tone burgundy and white and the interior was reupholstered in Infant BM Brown.

The Studebaker 289 V8 puts out 210 HP however, due to the lighter weight of the Packard, it's performance was better than the same Studebaker. The car has 91K miles on her.

She starts right up and runs and drives great. This one has a two speed automatic transmission and power steering. Everything else is manual.

The interior is in very good shape, albeit a little funky on the color choice. The burgundy paint hasn't held up too well and has several areas of flaking paint. Despite the peeling paint the body and frame are very solid with no rot through on any panels.

Even looking like she does, if you roll up to any cruise night or car show, you may not win any awards but you'll have one of the biggest crowds around you.

Awesome entrance into the collector car world with a very rare but not very expensive automobile. The new Hankook tires look pretty good on her with the white walls showing and the radial provides better handling and road feel, grip.

Asking price is only $10,500

Any questions, for many more photos and video, to schedule a test drive or to make an offer, please don't hesitate to contact me.

image.png.7fa8f47d986a5fc7302620932787e36b.png

image.png.b16b6e9d4c7ed74d926ac8a48be7b94c.png

image.png.67cb7c966e1f645b6b5c8f5497090ef3.png

image.png.c05c6df1dc9866d28a3453965b2bed23.png

image.png.8d5f472a189d1e18469e0605181c42c3.png

image.png.181157a2368cf6716b816d79c727c3ce.pngimage.png.4582556e579e642a8f512fdf7d5c1b5f.png

image.png.d92e42cc60f553815122fdd6312fec69.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
fix typo (see edit history)

Fin-seeker, how do you find these cars on

Craig's List?  Is there a particular nationwide

search site that you use?  Does it allow you,

for instance, to search for a particular make

and year of cars, or for a year-range of cars?

I used to use www.adhuntr.com  to search Craig's List.

It was formerly called www.allofcraigs.com, but now

it seems to search Ebay and not Craig's List.  And it

never had a lot of search options.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Fin-seeker, how do you find these cars on

Craig's List?  Is there a particular nationwide

search site that you use?  Does it allow you,

for instance, to search for a particular make

and year of cars, or for a year-range of cars?

Thank you, John, If I could only have one search site, it would be  https://www.autotempest.com/   

Someone might say I have no life, LOL, but I enjoy the hunt.  When I was growing up, about age 5 or 6, I wanted to be a used car salesman...

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
insert link (see edit history)