Help Identifying Early 1960's Station Wagon

Robert Deroeck

My dad owned the station wagon shown in the following two photos.  I believe it was from the 1962-1964 model years, but I can't find anything like this on the internet.  Sorry I can't provide any better photos of this car.  I'd appreciate if any member could ID the make, model and year of this car.  Thanks.

1964, Lake Champlain trailer and tow vehicle, 518.jpg

1964, Lake Champlain w whole family crammed into that little trailer, 517.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, that's it, 58L-Y8.  Good eye.

Yeah, TerryB, it was cozy.  Fortunately we had a relatively small family for the 1950's, only 5 kids.  I'm pretty sure the two oldest kids slept in the station wagon, leaving only 3 kids and my parents crammed in the trailer.  Nowadays this type of "vacation" would be considered child abuse.  I remember this vacation well and it was more like parent-abuse.  

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:11 AM, Robert Deroeck said:

I'm pretty sure the two oldest kids slept in the station wagon, leaving only 3 kids and my parents crammed in the trailer.

Yup, that how it was done. My family of 5 (3 kids) two slept in the 64 Chevrolet wagon with parents and youngest in the 16 foot 1959 Coastline trailer. 

Toured the entire western USA.

This arrangement meant that you didn't have to convert the front dinette into a bed and you could keep items on the table at night.