How Long Has This Forum Been Around?

• 2 weeks later...

My profile says I joined on January 3, 2000. It seems unlikely that I managed to find the forum and join it on the first day of existence. So I am guessing it started sometime back in the late 1990s when most people were still using dial up access to the Internet.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

The AACA forums have been around since 1988.

Really? That would be the era of dial up bulletin boards, not even sure when AOL got started but it might have been after that. I was a pretty early adopter and I think my first dial up internet connection was in the early to mid 1990s.

I could believe this forum was around since 1998 though. That was still pretty much the dial up era but general purpose ISPs were around then and home DSL was just getting started.

51 minutes ago, ply33 said:

Really? That would be the era of dial up bulletin boards, not even sure when AOL got started but it might have been after that. I was a pretty early adopter and I think my first dial up internet connection was in the early to mid 1990s.

I could believe this forum was around since 1998 though. That was still pretty much the dial up era but general purpose ISPs were around then and home DSL was just getting started.

OOPs... you are right!  1998!