COMMON SCAM: If you receive a private message from a new member offering a part, make sure to thoroughly verify it. It’s your responsibility to ensure it’s not a scam. Report any suspicious users immediately. ×

Another restoration added to my list, 30’ Chevy 4dr

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week ago the family planned an unveiling of the car to their dad who hadn’t seen the car finished yet. It was at an Audrains car and coffee event at the salve Regina campus in Newport.  I loaded up the car the night before and headed out at 6am the next morning. It was a great day and it was wonderful to see Don and Sylvia’s reaction. I gave a short ride around Newport to some family members before returning the car to my trailer. This was only the second time the car had been on the road since the restoration with the first being the night before to fuel it up. It still needs some sorting like adjusting the brakes, (it sounds like a 10 wheeler stopping and is pulling left some),finding out why the clutch squeals when feathering it in, a leaky fitting or solder joint at the top of the fuel feed line out of the tank, and an appointment with the pinstriper on September 28. 

9726A7D8-E36B-4362-978F-9B7BD3702C62.jpeg

3DC2325B-F889-4C55-B990-759CEE5A8F25.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ted:  Hold the phone so it's horizontal (landscape), camera button to the right.  That usually produces correctly aligned pics.  Otherwise, you have to use photo editing software to rotate the photo - even if it looks right in the first place - and save it.

Nice stripes!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have some sad news to report, Don passed away a couple of weeks ago and his services were held yesterday. On a rainy and blustery day, I was honored by being able to drive the family in the chevy from the funeral parlor to the cemetery. The Hampton’s are just the best people you can have the pleasure in knowing and Sylvia, don’s wife, is a very special person with their children being a perfect reflection of the two of them. Rest In Peace Don. It was a pleasure restoring your car. 

202DF034-CA1A-4617-B592-2935BD7871DD.jpeg

Edited by chistech (see edit history)
  • Like 6