Fun Flea Market Finds

Annie G

Over Thanksgiving weekend, we went to a Flea Market just South of the NC/SC border on Hwy 17.  It looks like a bunch of shacks, but man were we not only impressed but were disappointed that many of the small sheds and buildings were empty!  Between the four of us, we each found something great to bring home.  

Joel found this pair of plates - the same year as his Cutlass S 

I found this, I'm not even sure what to call it, but I think it's a greeting card of sorts with helpful information and a calendar.

The last two photos were of some of the hood ornaments on the outside of the shed.  He had early 20's lanterns and other stuff inside, but it was too dark to photograph.  

sm IMG_20191201_152519.jpg

sm IMG_20191201_152524.jpg

sm IMG_20191201_152532.jpg

sm IMG_20191201_152538.jpg

IMG_20191130_141218.jpg

IMG_20191130_141221.jpg

IMG_20191130_141226.jpg

IMG_20191130_141234.jpg

• Like 3

This has the makings of a great thread.  Will post some pics of flea market finds worth looking at tonite, in meantime here is the "action" at the Powder Mill Barn in the major city of Hazardville, CT around 8:00 am the Sunday after Easter! 😁😁

20191201_081013.jpg

• Like 1

Annie - so glad to learn that you and Joel are flea market junkies like Sue and I.  Will be glad to add to this thread.  We made the trip to Atlanta and back over Thanksgiving weekend, taking back roads all the way home and catching some interesting junk shops and flea markets along the way, until the rain caught up with us anyway.  During Hershey week I like to come up early to hunt for treasures along the way.  Always find some great stuff. 

If you've never done the outdoor markets at Renningers, Shupps Grove, or others in the Adamstown vicinity I recommend you plan next year's trip to include them.  I can email you more info.

Terry

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

• Like 4

The wife and I like going to them. We always go to the covered bridge festival in Indiana. It's in October. Only problem is it keeps smaller and the old stuff is being replaced by new junk. I mean brand new stuff. I remember spending all day at one place. There are 3 different areas, so 2-3 days to see it all. Now we can see in 1 day. I think the older venders are retiring and the younger ones don't want to do it

• Like 2