1941 Buick Wood Grained Dash *SOLD*

41Roadmaster

I have a 1941 Buick Wood Grained Dash listed on eBay. Very nice used condition. A couple of small blemish spots that would be visible once the radio grill and dash panels are installed (see listing.) Not sure if this fits all 1941 Buick models or not. The space between the lower tabs measures 50 1/2". Starting bid is $300 plus shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202842818597?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have another 1941 Buick Dash listed on eBay, that looks to be NOS as it has no wear marks, but is painted (Lancaster Grey?) and measures 51 1/2" between lower tabs. I don't know if these are truly different sizes, or perhaps the tabs are slightly bent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 7:53 AM, 41Roadmaster said:

I have a 1941 Buick Wood Grained Dash listed on eBay. Very nice used condition. A couple of small blemish spots that would be visible once the radio grill and dash panels are installed (see listing.) Not sure if this fits all 1941 Buick models or not. The space between the lower tabs measures 50 1/2". Starting bid is $300 plus shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202842818597?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have another 1941 Buick Dash listed on eBay, that looks to be NOS as it has no wear marks, but is painted (Lancaster Grey?) and measures 51 1/2" between lower tabs. I don't know if these are truly different sizes, or perhaps the tabs are slightly bent.

Hi Anderson, Really tempted to purchase your dash but dont know if it will fit my Century ? Seems like it would be the same for all models. Will search for part numbers for a clue. And assuming it did swapping it out is quite intimidating and an uncomfortable challenge for an old guy with arthritis. If it were cheaper I would buy it to sell with the car when that day came. In the event of no sale on Ebay I do have one correct rim for your car if thats any trade bait .

Happy Holidays Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence. Sorry, I don't know if it will fit your Century either. I would have assumed one size fits all too, but measuring these two side by side there appears to be a good inch difference between them. Feel free to send me a PM with any other questions. Happy to supply more photos/dimensions.

Anderson

By the way I received the carburetor and it's just what I needed, much thanks!

I would suspect that the wider one is for Special/Century/Limited and the narrower one is for Super/Roadmaster, which used a carryover body. But I'm only assuming that because cars tended to get wider, not narrower. If there's as much as an inch of difference I bet you could measure your Century and see which one is closer--it should be fairly apparent even if you can measure to the very ends. On our Centurys, though, you should be able to get pretty close as they go from pillar to pillar and there's nothing hidden to add length that you couldn't measure.

If you're interested, Lawrence, I'll lay off--I was eyeballing that piece too!

6 hours ago, 41Roadmaster said:

Thanks Lawrence. Sorry, I don't know if it will fit your Century either. I would have assumed one size fits all too, but measuring these two side by side there appears to be a good inch difference between them. Feel free to send me a PM with any other questions. Happy to supply more photos/dimensions.

Anderson

By the way I received the carburetor and it's just what I needed, much thanks!

Hi Anderson, Can you send me the width and tomorrow I will measure the distance between the top corners of my Century. 

Lawrence 

6 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I would suspect that the wider one is for Special/Century/Limited and the narrower one is for Super/Roadmaster, which used a carryover body. But I'm only assuming that because cars tended to get wider, not narrower. If there's as much as an inch of difference I bet you could measure your Century and see which one is closer--it should be fairly apparent even if you can measure to the very ends. On our Centurys, though, you should be able to get pretty close as they go from pillar to pillar and there's nothing hidden to add length that you couldn't measure.

If you're interested, Lawrence, I'll lay off--I was eyeballing that piece too!

Hi Matt, Trying to make up my mind about this and will try to get an ID measurement tomorrow. Thanks for the offer of laying off I really appreciate it. I think all the work I have done on my car over the years owned has been less intimidating then the thought of pulling the dash apart. Have no idea what lies ahead except the unknown having never pulled a dash on the countless cars I have wrenched..everything else but that. Lots of contortion involved even with the front seat out. I do hate being on my back looking up!  It sure would look great though.

Lawrence 

23 minutes ago, Lawrence Helfand said:

Hi Anderson, Can you send me the width and tomorrow I will measure the distance between the top corners of my Century. 

Lawrence 

Here you go. Not sure if the garnish or windlace will get in the way of the measuring on your car, but front corners of this piece are:

+/- 49" top corner to top corner

+/- 50 1/4" bottom corner to bottom corner

If there's another measure you determine would be more helpful, just let me know. I'll be out tomorrow until the late afternoon.

Anderson

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6370.jpg

IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

I could potentially get in on this too. I have a parts book, and it looks like Super/Roadmasters are the same, and Sepcial/Centurys are the same, which fits with other body parts on these cars.

My Roadmaster looks to be about 3/4 in wider across the top than your piece.

Might be nice to have.

Keith

5 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

I could potentially get in on this too. I have a parts book, and it looks like Super/Roadmasters are the same, and Sepcial/Centurys are the same, which fits with other body parts on these cars.

My Roadmaster looks to be about 3/4 in wider across the top than your piece.

Might be nice to have.

Keith

Thank Keith. I too get about 49 3/4” cross the top on my 76C.

IMG_6379.jpg

Edited by 41Roadmaster
Added dimensions, photo rotate (see edit history)

• 41Roadmaster changed the title to 1941 Buick Wood Grained Dash *SOLD*