Wheel balancing

Guest broker'bob

Guest broker'bob

35 years ago,when I got my Plymouth PA, bought tires from JC Whitney.  After all that time the paint was bad and tires bad.  just took tires and balancing weights off.  painted wheels and put new tires and tubes from Coker,.and put the tire mark opposite the valve stem -------did not balance  -----     now at 45 the car  rides great with no vibration or shimmy         DID I JUST LUCK OUT ?     will probably leave as is

PA Plymouth.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I bought the Coker wide whites for my '39 Buick and took them to the local shop for mounting and balancing. 

When I was picking them up I noticed there were no weights so I asked the guy.   He told me he loaded them up and spun them an no weights were necessary.   They drive just fine up to maxing out at 60.  I guess it does happen.

20180925_145153.jpg

Newly installed tyres may be fine at certain speeds and shimmy at a different speeds . It has to be balanced at all speeds. All balancing machines are not born equal.  It all depends on the types. But if it is fine  at the top speed you decide to drive then why bother ? Happy go lucky  driving.