'36-'37 Dodge front fenders

jpage

I could use a good set of front fenders for my '36 Dodge. Does anyone know if, aside from the "catwalks", the fenders are the same as '37's. They look a lot alike and  the interchanges don't say. I need a pair that are not rusted or beaten to death, especially along the wheel opening. Thanks for any info.

• Like 1

I have limited knowledge on the interchange between 1936 and 1937 but I doubt that they interchange.  I do think that 1937 and 1938 fenders are much more likely to interchange and likely a Dodge, Plymouth, small Chrysler and DeSoto could be made to work.  I am anxious to learn what you eventually learn for my own confirmation so please do a follow up post.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

There are other fenders that will fit the '36 Dodge correctly, but they must be used with the original Dodge "catwalks". They are '36 Dodge pickups, '36 DeSoto and '36 Chrysler Airstreams. The problem with the pickup fender is that the right one comes with a fender well that you may not want. The Chrysler fender, and maybe the DeSoto, comes with a hole along the bottom edge where a longer running board molding was once mounted. It's a simple matter to weld that up. "37 fenders are a different shape and not a bolt on. '35 fenders may or may not bolt on, but they lack the distinctive looking fender bead.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)