Electricial problem ??

stall

I was driving my 90 Convt. and the screen went black, in a few minutes  a bright green "ERROR" came on along with Check engine and on the right it said electrical problem. 

I shut the car off, restarted it and everything was normal including the on-dash volt meter.

Is this just a computer-fart thing or should  i be worried.

Thanks in advance, Murray

If it is still working you should go into diagnostics and check to see what trouble codes you have stored in the computers.  That will give you an indication of what caused the error message.  The panel is probably going bad so check the codes while you still can. How to access diagnostics.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Your car is 30 model years old and lots of things can happen.    One fairly common problem is an intermittent connection.

If you have nothing better to do.......remove the dash bezel and pull the instrument cluster.   spray the connector with contact cleaner or WD40 and reinstall.

The problem might go away for another 30 years.

I had it happen once on my 91 it was a cold wet day hasn’t happened since. If it happens more often that’s bad. But if it a one time deal you should be fine. Or rip it apart and clean it like said above. It’s one of those things that does go in the 90-91s so doesn’t hurt to clean it to prevent it.