1925 DB Roadster side curtains and boot

franklinman

I'm currently starting to plan for doing the top, side curtains and top boot on my '25 Roadster over the coming winter.  My car still has it's original top in good condition so we're good to go there. However I have no curtains or boot  to copy.  If anyone has originals that I could borrow and/or photograph and measure I would be very interested.  Thanks. Also need curtain door rods to copy.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm surprised that no one can offer any information regarding side curtains and/or boot for a 1924/25 DB Roadster.  Maybe the right person just hasn't seen this post so I thought I'd try again just in case.  I'll be at Hershey just in case someone could bring something I could take a look at, measure and/or photograph.  I'm also still seeking side curtain door rods that I could buy or copy as well.  Thanks again.

Just now saw the post. I, too, am missing all steel posts. Wondering if any repro Model A Ford posts may be worked over to use on the Dodge. I have not located any of the '25 side curtains yet, as many originals are piled into boxes buried in barn somewhere.I will look for a set to help you.

Thanks Pete, So far as the rods go, If we can come up with even one correct rod, it won't be a problem to replicate a couple of sets (they are just mirror images so having one will give me all the information required to make a pair). Any information regarding curtains and a correct top boot, even decent original photos will really help.  Thanks, Bob

No, Didn't get to Hershey, Rain here until Sunday, with a huge Nor'easter coming here Wed. eve. I'm going to pull the box out with the curtains and start photographing them anyway, in barn somewhere. I don't own an I-Phone but have a Kodak with flash. It just takes a bit longer than most folks can do.

Hi Pete, I can't thank you enough for all the trouble you went through to get me the photos.  They are just what I'll need. We should be able to easily scale the curtains for my car with them.  I don't know where you are located but if you ever find yourself back this way (I'm about 1/2 hour south/south west of Hershey) please let me know and stop in for a visit.  I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a set of top saddles for you. Some time back there was someone posting that they had a pair on this forum. You might want to search back through past posts and see if you can find it.  I also got a lead on a guy that might have a set of original curtain rods.  If anything comes from it I'll let you know and if you still need a pair I can make you up a set while I'm making mine.  If there's anything I can help you out with please don't hesitate to shout out to me as well.  I'm still hoping to find an original top boot to copy as well.  I'd even use a touring version, just scaling it back slightly for the 3-bow roadster sizing.  Again, thank you, Bob

Here you go. Note most Isinglass is broken out and someone sewed in fabric in the rear quarter curtains. The fasteners consist of CommonSense type, LiftDot and common snaps that do line up with what I have on this Dodge Touring. I'm missing some of the body and top fasteners that mate to the curtains. Driver's curtain has the flap for arm signaling. I wish I had the boot, but no such thing here among all the different side curtains.

Thanks for the kind words Bob, I thought I should lay a ruler/yardstick along images of curtains to help, I'll try and draw out measurements I noticed the curtains are too tight at some areas, they've shrunk a tad. I could mail you the paperwork of the measurements.  -Pete

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

000_0008.jpg

000_0009.jpg

000_0011.jpg

000_0012.jpg

Always great to find a set of originals to use as a reference.  Note I said reference and not "pattern", a lot of times upholstery guys try to use old upholstery as a direct pattern, and the results rarely are high quality.

A lot of work to do a set of side curtains, I've done sets that took as much time as putting on a whole top.

Have fun!