Convertible 1934 Buick with Pictures

The open bodied fishers were not made by fisher even though they were labeled fisher. There has been a constant debate to who made the open bodied cars for fisher but it is known that records from the actual fisher plants include no open cars, those being phaeton, roadster, and Cabriolet styles. Rebuilding this Buick will be basically the same as the rebuild I am just about to finish on my 32’ Olds DCR. While most of the wood reproduction is straightforward, the hinge and latch pillars are much more than bandsaw and hand plane work, especially the latch pillars. The front roof bow is also a very complicated part to make. I’ve been at my restoration for three years now with the wood work taking about four months of spare time. The pieces need to be fitted along with the metal replaced and taken off multiple times to make sure the fit is correct and everything lines up.

• Like 2

Very nice. Maybe one day when I slow down some. Have always enjoyed working with wood. I am asked all the time at work where I find the time to work on cars and do my other hobbies. I tell them easy. I don't sit inside and watch NASCAR nor Football nor Baseball.  In TX that is about equal to saying you don't breath air for most people.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

update on the buick. it has now been released for its container and is living inside my building. it is probably the hardest one i have taken on first i really need help with the wood. most of the wood is so bad or missing i really dont have good patterns and my go to company for wood body cars "woodn carr has closed following the death of Doug Carr a couple of years ago.

34 buick.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a little encouragement…..a local garage find in southern Florida. Sat for almost 70 years. Fun to drive, and it’s staying as is. Photos all from the last two weeks……….1934 Series 56C

IMG_0562.jpeg

70517741677__00AFC088-12A1-4DA0-805E-073C2FEE0A63.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_0974.png

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 3:48 PM, edinmass said:

Here is a little encouragement…..a local garage find in southern Florida. Sat for almost 70 years. Fun to drive, and it’s staying as is. Photos all from the last two weeks……….1934 Series 56C

IMG_0562.jpeg

70517741677__00AFC088-12A1-4DA0-805E-073C2FEE0A63.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_0974.png

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

i wanted to send you a measage but i havent met a content count? and you measgae me?