Sign in to follow this  
cfryer

What class should a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger be assigned to, and how is judging made?

I've entered a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger (yes, a real Tiger!) in a few AACA events. I'm interested in judging feedback, so I can work to improve the Tiger's place in Judging. What AACA Class should the Tiger be in, and what cars would it compete with? Thanks,

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

cfryer,

I would advise that you phone AACA Headquarters for a quick answers and direction at 717-534-1910.  

Very competent staff and you speak to those in the know.  I could advise more help but wish to avoid being corrected which management has been doing lately to my attempts.  

Regards and I agree with Terry that Tigers are great cars.

Peter J.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The correct class is 25b, Sports Vehicles, Open 1961-1969.  Good luck in your class judging.  Nice looking car. You  may also want to review the Judges Guidelines which can be downloaded from the AACA Home Page.  Your must be a member of AACA National to show your car. 

Edited by 61polara (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looking back at your pictures, I think you should consider the DPC (Drivers Participation Class).  Class judging is based on how the car was delivered to the owner.  I don't believe your rims, tires or blue ignition wires are 1965 correct.  I don't know Tigers that well, but you should have documention that the air cleaner and valve covers are factory correct for 1965.  A very nice car, but for AACA judging purposes I think DPC is the best option.

• Like 1