More Scammers

WILLPOWER

Recently I had a response to my WTB ad for a 1937 Packard 120 six wheel nose. Lion455 said he knew a man, Jonathan Sonnhalter,  jrsonn365@gmail.com, who had what I was looking for, and gave me his E-Mail address. I sent an E-Mail right away to Mr. Sonnhalter, who lives, supposedly, in Ohio, and he responded awhile later with, yes, I have a 1937 Packard 120 with side-mounts, in excellent condition, which I haven't touched in 40 years.  I am the original owner, and look over the two pictures I sent and tell me what you think of the nose. How old is this man to be the original owner of an 83 year old car? The two pictures turned out to be a 1947 Delahaye, which slept in an underground Manhatten, NY garage for 40 years. He had the 40 years right, but obviously doesn't know a Packard from a Delahaye. I Googled the two pictures and discovered that the Delahaye was bought by a couple of guys from New Zealand, where the car is presently being restored. These two pictures were taken directly from the New Zealanders website. No money was discussed, so no money changed hands. I would have taken a road trip to Ohio to see the Packard before plunking down any cash. When I sent another E-Mail to Mr. Sonnhalter asking for an explanation of our previous E-Mail exchanges, he didn't respond. No surprise there. Just thought you might like to know.  

img23.JPG

img24.JPG

Edited by WILLPOWER
Name not necessary (see edit history)

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:11 AM, trini said:

There are always hyeeners and jackals ready to feed . Thanks for the reminder I have learned to recognise scammers.

There will always be people who possess no sense of integrity, who are looking for a fast buck without working for it, no matter what the cost to the trusting victim. We all need to exercise extreme diligence when dealing with these vermin. "Caveat Emptor"!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I just want to say thank you for posting this. This thread popped up when searching for the same name. Different details but same situation.

I received a response from scott360 on another form in response to WTB ad for a bumper for my truck and he mentioned someone selling what I'm looking for and the same email. I emailed Jonathon Sonnhalter at jrsonn365agmail.com. After several email exchanges I began to be suspicious. Nothing specific, just that things weren't adding up. Great price, bumper looked brand new, etc.

After searching his name, I found this thread. I even decided that if I knew nothing about what I'm saying I have to sell, how would I know what images to send, so I Googled the key words from WTB ad subject, and Bam!! about three pages down is the image he sent, stolen from an ad back in 2014 where the original owner purchased the bumper brand new.

Total scam. I have only lost my email address and home address. No money exchanged.

Thanks again!!

boy, ain't that the truth...my 115c convertible was scammed so many times I didn't think I'd ever really sell it to a real person.  Its still out there in cyberscamland...

As to sidemounts for a 120, can do, have found your want listing and sent you a private message.  DAF

And if anyone has another Delahaye project like the above....I'm ready to buy!

Oh, and as for the sidemounted sedan barely visible, ain't that a 35-37 Senior Packard?

Edited by flackmaster (see edit history)

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, blacklisted said:

Hi,

I just want to say thank you for posting this. This thread popped up when searching for the same name. Different details but same situation.

I received a response from scott360 on another form in response to WTB ad for a bumper for my truck and he mentioned someone selling what I'm looking for and the same email. I emailed Jonathon Sonnhalter at jrsonn365agmail.com. After several email exchanges I began to be suspicious. Nothing specific, just that things weren't adding up. Great price, bumper looked brand new, etc.

After searching his name, I found this thread. I even decided that if I knew nothing about what I'm saying I have to sell, how would I know what images to send, so I Googled the key words from WTB ad subject, and Bam!! about three pages down is the image he sent, stolen from an ad back in 2014 where the original owner purchased the bumper brand new.

Total scam. I have only lost my email address and home address. No money exchanged.

Thanks again!!

Edited by WILLPOWER
Clarification (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, blacklisted said:

Hi,

Thanks again!!

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows this guy is alive and well and still trying to scam people.  I was looking for a taillight lens for a BMW and of coarse he had one at an incredible price.  That should have tipped me off immediately but went a head and send a payment.  He even sent me some fake ID to show he was real.  It didn't take long before I realized it was a scam.  I did get my money refunded by PayPal and the credit card company but wanted everyone to know do not do business with Jonathan Sonnhalter  from Ohio or where ever he really is from.

Screenshot_20190713-200108_Gallery.jpg