Need Pre War car valuation guide

MrEarl

Guess I meant "online" price guides. But since you happen to have copy of the Old Cars Report next to you could you do me a favor and check the prices on '38 MODEL 61-CENTURY-TOURING 4 DOOR SEDAN-TRUNK BACK

Maybe take and post a picture of the magazine page?

No luck with the photo, but on a six-point scale, six being a parts car, one being 100-point car: 

6: $1320

5: $3960

4: $6600

3 (Driver-Quality): $14850

2: $23100

1: $33000

It's worth noting that the Special values in the guide are exactly the same. Anyone who's shopped for a Century knows that Centurys go for more than Specials. I think it's closer to reality to bump the top three categories up $5K or so.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Buick64C  and @suchan

22 hours ago, suchan said:

6: $1320

5: $3960

4: $6600

3 (Driver-Quality): $14850

2: $23100

1: $33000

It's worth noting that the Special values in the guide are exactly the same. Anyone who's shopped for a Century knows that Centurys go for more than Specials. I think it's closer to reality to bump the top three categories up $5K or so.

Found this explanation of the numbers. Pretty concise and easy to fit anything into. I find it interesting that #3 includes "or a partially restored car with all parts necessary to complete and/or valuable NOS parts."  Helps a  lot of folks with unfinished projects get their money back (or some of)

Thanks again suchan! 

NO. 1: EXCELLENT
Restored to current maximum professional standards of quality in every area or perfect original with components operating or appearing as new; a 95-plus point show car that isn’t driven.

NO. 2: FINE
Well-restored or a combination of superior restoration and excellent original; also, an extremely well-maintained original showing very minimal wear.

NO. 3: VERY GOOD
Completely operable original or “older restoration” showing wear; also, a good amateur restoration, all presentable and serviceable inside and out. Plus combinations of well-done restoration and good operable components or a partially restored car with all parts necessary to complete and/or valuable NOS parts.

NO. 4: GOOD
A drivable vehicle needing no or only minor work to be functional; also, a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. All components may need restoration to be “excellent,” but the car is mostly useable “as is.”

NO. 5: RESTORABLE
Needs complete restoration of body, chassis and interior; may or may not be running, but isn’t weathered, wrecked or stripped to the point of being useful only for parts.

NO. 6: PARTS CAR
May or may not be running, but is weathered, wrecked and/or stripped to the point of being useful primarily for parts.