Tom400CFI

2019 New England Brass and Gas tour pics

Posted (edited)

Hi folks,

Figured there would be interest in the Hupp forum...not sure if I should post in the "Tours and Meets" forum too?

At any rate, here is a link to story and pics from the '19 NE Brass and Gas tour...which was totally awesome.  Read on, look at nice pics, and enjoy!....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4291505-increadible-car-guy-week-in-nh.html

Edited by Tom400CFI (see edit history)

Nice story. First time I've heard the Hupp 20 described in comparison to the Corvette. Keep us informed of your engine rebuild. 

Phil

Tom, Sorry to read that your Hupp had engine problems, we chased that car on a Gas & Brass back in the late 1980's with our 1912 T Touring, we never lost sight of two 50HP Simplex toy tonneaus. I finally added a 1911 Hupp to my garage, plan on working on it later this afternoon. Bob 

Tom Sorry  to hear  about the Hupp I know the feeling having just had  my engine out with the suspected same thing. In the end was  nothing more than  a loose  flywheel which fooled  more experienced  people than me .

However you are lucky that the crank wasn't damaged . The Joys of old cars --I have just spent  several hours  in the shed fiddling with  the throttle linkage  on the Breeze.  I wasn't getting full  butterfly opening  on  full gas pedal    I fixed it   but absolutely no change in   performance  and the  throttle linkage became so complicated that it  wouldn't revert back to idle when I let the gas off - I took the whole lot off and went back to  how it was previously ..  Go figure !  -Karl