Chrysler E65 (1929) oil duct

Hi there,

for those who follow my adventure in Chrysler E65 (1929) renovation, a little present for you :  actual stat of the Chrysler renovation picture...

Furthermore another question again :

I have a oil duct with a spring and it is connected to the crank shaft (see picture). My problem is I don't know how it works exactly and so how to adjust it? What is it used for ? And finally how do I adjust it in depth?

Thanks in advance

Alain

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

It's an oil pressure relief valve .. it dumps off excessive oil pressure.. say it limits the maximum pressure at 55lbs.

Normally the threaded part of it stays in the block and only the "domed"  portion comes off to adjust it...

It really never needs to be adjusted to change the  oil pressure.

Oil pressure relief valves 2 different styles of bodies and springs and plungers 1946-48 Chrysler Eight (2).JPG

Oil pressure relief valves 2 different styles of bodies and springs and plungers 1946-48 Chrysler Eight (8).JPG

413 Oil Pressure Relief Valve (2).JPG

My S65 oil pressure relief valve was stuck and ruined two oil pressure-gauges before I figured out. They also sometimes have a very sloppy spring and is unable to build pressure and generally can be cleaned in an ultrasound bath. Otherwise, install and adjust to 45 lbs and do not worry any more.

CR 1705 18 Avansert rep CR-II (4).jpg