65 Thunderbird for Sale. Base model.

Finally pulled it out of the garage for a local car show. 390 , no a/c , crank windows. Power steering, disc brakes, modified to dual reservoir master cylinder and electronic ignition. 

Come take a look or request additional photos.

Make a reasonable offer.

20190531_184031-1.jpg

I like these cars but they receive little love from others so you will have to work harder to sell it.  A price would be a good start as prices on these are all over the board and making sellers chase you down will probably result in fewer if any inquires.  Good luck in your sale.

• Like 3

I have found that regardless the price you can justify interested people will offer less. Anyone committing to buying a car on pictures alone would be foolish. The car is for sale , anyone is invited to come see it, drive it and make an offer. But thanks for your input auburnseeker. 

• Like 1

The price gives them a starting point though.  Right now many may see it and think he wants 20G for it,  as they saw one like that priced at that (which it never sold for). so they say well he probably wants as much I will move on and find another with a price.  Unfortunately there are alot of these on the market so it's easy to move along to one with a price.  A few have sat on this site before for around 5 or 6 G in good shape but hard to say how they rated with yours based on one photo.    Maybe yours is alot better. 

Don't expect every buyer to show up and chew you down as well.  I have bought two cars from the west coast and had them shipped,  never going to look at either.  One was 40G the other was 61G.  I have sold a few cars as well that were never viewed buy the buyers,  they just took my word and detailed photos to make a decision.  

In a tight market you don't want to discourage buyers. As mentioned in other threads,  few guys are looking so much for a certain car as a certain era of car in general in a certain price range. 

Not giving you a hard time,  just trying to help you present your car so it gets sold. 

Good luck.

• Like 2

I appreciate your input and I see your logic. I guess I think most people would have researched values and know what to expect.  This car had a fairly extensive restoration about 10 years ago. I consider it a driver not a show car. Since I do agree with your assessment of buyers I would sell it for 9500.00. 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, CTCV said:

I would sell it for 9500.00.

That's a start, and seems like a good value based on the one photograph.  Now, a couple of interior shots, an engine bay picture and trunk photo would really be helpful to someone who is in the market for one of these 'birds...

• Like 1

Those pictures should help entice buyers a bit.  Looks very clean under the hood.  without a bunch of overspray all over everything so it looks like someone took their time to do it right.  That's the stuff i look for when I'm looking at cars for sale. 

The interior of course looks quite nice as well with pretty clean chrome which usually means it was a pretty clean car to start with as few ever replace much of the interior chrome when they "restore" cars. 

Good luck.  Seems like a buyer looking for one of these would be happy with this at that price range. 

• Like 1

I don't like loosing money on a car sale but I do assess the enjoyment factor so I did get my fair share of enjoyment.  I'm making a few changes so I am selling a few toys. I appreciate you recognize the work that went into it. I am the only one that drives my cars so they have very few miles. My 2009 Honda just turned 50k miles, my 92 Harley 20k miles, 2006 klr650 6k miles.