New Bugle - 1935 Model 47 on page 38

B Jake Moran

If anyone has gotten their Bugle, there is a 1935 Model 47 Sedan for sale on page 38 that is described as having 12 v conversion and hydraulic brakes. 

What does 12 v conversion mean in terms of replaced parts?  What does hydraulic brakes (probably) mean in terms of replaced parts?  On the brakes, I though Buick and GM came out with hydraulic brakes across the board in 1936.  But perhaps there was not too much else different from 1935 so a person could swap in 1936 hydraulic brakes in a 1935 and have it visually and performance wise be similar.    Otherwise, I am not interested in a modern "hot rod" type hydraulic brake swap. 

That looks like a nice rarely seen car in an attractive color. 

Wow, faster than a speeding Bugle.  That car is very nice. I can see why it sold quickly.  I think the Raleigh Blue paint is what caught my eye.  I guess for future reference it would be nice to know about the 12 v conversion because I see a fair bit of that in cars for sale - description.  Alternator sure, but 12 v components that usually receive 6 v surely would all need swapped out or burn bright before failing, or catch on fire or short out. 

1 minute ago, B Jake Moran said:

Wow, faster than a speeding Bugle.  That car is very nice. I can see why it sold quickly.  I think the Raleigh Blue paint is what caught my eye.  I guess for future reference it would be nice to know about the 12 v conversion because I see a fair bit of that in cars for sale - description.  Alternator sure, but 12 v components that usually receive 6 v surely would all need swapped out or burn bright before failing, or catch on fire or short out. 

Jake, I changed my 1950 to 12V.  All light bulbs. Voltage reducer [ inexpensive ] for the fuel gauge.  Same for radio if one wants to play it. Blower motors will run ok, just faster. 12V wiring is lighter than 6.  Alternator. And those can be had that "look" like a generator.

When refurbishing my car, I had the generator [6V] rebuilt at an old time auto electric shop. Starter as well. Rewired car myself, using next size up wire from factory. Made CERTAIN all grounds were clean  . 6V cables. Everything as it should be. I was happy and content.   

Then I decided I wanted Fuel injection.   I need 12V for that.   I was amazed at the difference in the lights.   Have never been sorry.

Ben