1930 Sedan, northern Maine

Povertycove

By chance I noticed a 1930Franklin sedan (misidentified as a 1932, which got my interest) for sale on the local Facebook marketplace page. I contacted the owner and yesterday drove up to Calais (pronounced “callous” in Maine) to see the car. Calais is up on the Canadian border, about 2.5 hours from me here at mid coast. Using flashlights, we descended narrow stairs to the dirt floor basement of the owners grandfather’s old warehouse. The grandfather was the former Mopar dealer in the area.

Anyway, the car was there in about as rough a shape as you might expect. The roof was compromised, the doors sagged, the interior had been occupied by raccoons and the headlights had been stolen. Still, it had a nice looking and complete engine and transmission, and all other parts like dashboard, door handles etc. we’re there. The grille was complete.

The engine did not turn over.

A parts car, unless you’re a glutton for punishment.  The owner, Greg Bridges, is planning to tear the old building down (it sits on some beautiful downtown acres, right on the St.Croix River) and he needs to move the car ... doesn’t want it left outside. My guess is that an offer of $1000 (and you pick it up) would get it.

if you have an interest, contact me through the usual channels. Alex Huppe, co-editor ACN

5E6A4DB8-F62C-40FF-88D6-2DA436952F76.jpeg

Edited by Povertycove
Missing info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...