Where has all of the interest gone in Pre-War Buicks?

Dynaflash8

Most of the guys I work for won't even look at a Buick.  Yes, they have 53'/54' skylarks in the collection but thats about it.   They collect Packards and Cadillacs and big brass but nothing in 40's Buicks.  It's a shame because the cars are so good.  Unfortunately the name doesn't bring the prestige that the higher end cars bring.  This means the prices stay lower because the money isn't there.  

I did the driving tour and show for the Gilmore prewar.  I had a good day and I enjoyed the steam cars and the starting game that Larry participated in with his Buick truck.   We had around 70 cars for the tour and a few more for the show.  I wish this show would take off more than it has.  Weather has been a problem a couple years but the campus at Gilmore is hard to beat for these cars.    They had a couple driving games that struggled to get people to participate.  We ended up doing them in our 31' Buick to help the event.  We still had the mud under the rear fenders but getting caught in the rain yesterday probably washed some of it away.  

Did any of you guys see the pricing for the Buick Limiteds at Mecum in Indy?  I thought they brought more than I expected.