Almost Famous

dmfconsult

I have to pass on my thanks to @JohnD1956 and indirectly to @Pete Phillips for the events of this past weekend.  Apparently, Collectible Automobile magazine is doing a feature on 77-79 Full size Buick’s, and they were needing shots of an Estate Wagon. The magazine called Pete, Pete messaged John and as John no longer has his EW, John messaged me.

Needless to say I was thrilled and the editor was in contact with me on Thursday. He arranged for a local photographer to shoot the car, and that happened on Sunday. It was quite the turnaround and led to me spending 6 hours detailing the car for the photo shoot over Saturday and Sunday morning.  I never thought anything like this would happen to this car (which I still use for camping and lumber runs)  but thanks to the friendships within this club, it has!  

Looking forward to seeing the article in the Dec 2019 issue!  I had to apologize to the photographer and mention this is an “archive” car so I can’t paint under the hood, but at least could get most things shiny. Here are a couple of shots I took as the photographer did his thing yesterday. 

A93E5179-6BBC-44C3-BBFC-4CD84784E3A4.jpeg

4B314A20-1BBA-4CD9-BDEB-2D4BE152EB98.jpeg

F0B530E2-B16E-4ACE-AC98-9AE75D6A7A11.jpeg

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...