Chandlers for sale

kelch7

With mixed emotions, we are going to have an auction of the Harold Wintz Collection of cars which includes his 1914 Chandler Touring that he has been driving and showing for many years and the partially restored 1914 Chandler that he had been working on recently.  This auction will be in Clarion, IA, on May 4, 2019 at 10 am.  Preview on May 3 from 4-7 pm.  Hallberg Auctions will be handling the auction.  Please go to their web site to view the descriptions and catalog of items including several other antique, classic, and other vehicles.  

https://hallbergauction.hibid.com/preview/154386/auction-for-harold-wintz-estate/.  Online bidding for the vehicles will be available.  The auction will also include car parts, car literature, car memorabilia, and auto body repair and restoration shop tools and equipment.  Harold (Dad) loved his cars, all the shows, and all the tours that he and his wife Rose went on.  I (daughter Marie) was able to join him in the more recent years, so I also know how wonderful it is to be a part of the antique car hobby.  This auction will be a culmination and celebration of over 65 years of Harold (and his family) being a part of so many aspects of the antique car hobby.

Hello Marie,

Your dad will be missed. I am sorry we are not closer and we did not get a chance to meet in person. We really wanted to attend the Chandler party you hosted years ago. I can imagine you have your hands full settling the estate. After so many years in the hobby there must be so much to go through. Hopefully you have help.

Hopefully the cars will go to a good home and the new owners will take as much care with them as your father did.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the two 1914 Chandlers, both were sold.  The 1914 restored Model 15 was sold to a collector in CA.  the 1914 Model 15B was sold to a collector in WA state.  Both new owners belong to the Chandler club and will cherish their new Chandler automobiles.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks to all who contributed to the Estate of Harold Wintz auction held in early May.  We, Harold's daughters and executors of the estate, are very pleased with the sale of all Dad's cars to good homes.  Being a part of the Chandler Cleveland Motor Club was a very special part of Dad's life, so knowing that his 2 Chandlers are now part of other Chandler enthusiasts' collections is wonderful.  We hope to see them both "down the road" someday.  

• Like 2