New owner

raymire59

HI.. new Reatta owner here. Just purchased a 90 model that's been sitting for more than a few years. To start off, the brakes stop the car fine, but the pedal stays down and the brakes applied until you manually return the pedal to original position. I understand the system on these cars is "different", but has anyone here run into the same problem and will a simple flush take care of the issue? Also, the lights are stuck open. I've read where this is also pretty common, but I'm not so sure that the mechanism is worn out as the car only has 31k miles on it. The dash also flickers or just stays off most of the time. Is there a service recommended to repair the cluster?  And lastly, it's a convertible. The top is in amazingly good condition, but I'm sure it could use some care to keep it that way. Being new also to convertibles, is there a conditioner and protectant that is preferred more than others?  Thanks for your time

Flushing the brake should be done because it is cheap insurance against future problems..........it might correct/fix the problem.   

"the lights are stuck open"......guess you mean the headlights are always open or up.........check the relay center under the hood.....the previous owner may have pulled the fuses because the headlights were not opening properly.

Electrical problems can be tracked down but there is no easy fix that always works,   You can try pulling the dash cluster and replug and that might fix  work on 15% but the problem might be another connector.

I had a car with a white top that was getting "dingy" ..... I raised the front and back of the top....put a sheet of plastic between the top and paint,  so that anything I tried would not get on the paint and whatever dirt washed off also did not get on the paint.

I tried several thing I had on the shelf........always a small area being careful to start with a diluted solution and then making it stronger.    There are probably many thing that will work.    Once you get the top clean,  then any good vinyl protection product will work

some people swear by the 303 products that are sold mostly for boats.