Have Stewart Warner part numbers, how to find matching gauges and senders?

Brill_C-37M_Bus

Hello AACA Forum folks, this is my first post here.  Hope you don’t mind a twentysomething with an obscure old bus asking some amateurish questions!

In my project to get my 1951 Brill bus roadworthy, I’m troubleshooting gauges and replacing ones that I know are not original.  I have the factory parts manual, but ACF-Brill Motors part numbers seem pretty useless today.  Most of the parts were commercial off-the-shelf parts from other manufacturers, and in this case, I’m looking for Stewart Warner parts.  I found that a previous owner wrote the S-W part numbers in the manual, but so far, I can’t find any way to look up these part numbers.  Google, eBay, and this forum don’t return anything for these model numbers.

Can anyone help narrow down what these parts are?  Description, photo, or a link to a sale or auction page would all help.  Or general guides to S-W gauges, since I only know the basics of how to tell apart “wings” gauges, small logos, large logos, etc.  The gauges used in this bus would mostly be WWII vintage or early postwar gauges.

Air gauge: 409454

Speedometer “sliding bar and ball” sending unit: 417499D. (What even is that, and is it an electric sender?)

Temp gauge: 442225

Temp Warning Switch: 438031

Temp Sender Unit: D362D

I have found similar sender units to this temp unit, but I’m uncertain how precise I need to be. I found a D362DA, but I have no info from which to judge if this is equivalent or not.  Can anyone recommend a guide to S-W temp senders?  The non-working temp gauge is my top priority to fix before I do any more test runs.

I appreciate any and all suggestions, especially since I’m new to all things related to automotive restorations.  Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for the NAPA tip, there still is an old-school downtown location near me.  I’ll see if they can cross-reference these numbers.

I don’t think these would be specifically bus parts, especially the speedometer sender and temperature parts.  But I am a member of the bus museum in Hershey,  so if there’s evidence that these aren’t regular auto parts, I can try various bus connections.

Can anyone suggest any good introductions to the different types of temp sender units?  Even Stewart-Warner alone made so many different kinds, let alone everyone else, so I’m not sure what will work.