Please help ID Glove Box Door

pcolleary

• 11 months later...

Hmmmm?

This is very unusual.

I have to agree with Keiser that that this certainly looks like a '38 Plymouth glove box door (I recently sold mine).

What's odd is that I've come across several clocks over the years like this one which they always claim to be for a '38 Plymouth:

1543207414_clock38plym.thumb.jpg.7dbc630c1cef84737ee308fd201824af.jpg

The hands, colors and number fonts match those of the '38 Plymouth. Now I have researched the daylights out of this particular subject and my parts book shows a different part number for "Glove Box Door With Clock" but no one has ever been able to produce either a '38 Plymouth with a clock or even a glove box door with the correct cutout for the clock.

Until now.

This door looks like it is absolutely correct for the '38 Plymouth, the latch, the 3 plated bars designating the P6 model even the wood-graining. The hole looks factory cut to me and looking at the front and the back side as well, I think the rectangle clock lends itself to the design of the door and trim much better than a round clock would.

I think I'm more convinced than ever now that these round clocks that pop up from time to time are not the correct clock for the 1938 Plymouth but for something else that had a similar font and color. Although I have no idea what that other car might be.

I'm certainly interested in anyone else's opinion on this.

Greg