For Sale: John W. Hobbs Reel Out Trunk/Hood Light

Riviera63

For sale is a very nice John W. Hobbs reel out trunk/hood light. This light was one I had purchased to put in my own 1963 Riviera. I have since made the decision to not install this light in my car. The light was completely cleaned and repainted. The lens and the wiring is pristine. The light comes with 2 new 1003 bulbs, mounting screws and hood mounting clips. I am offering this to forum members before I list it for sale anywhere else. $90.00 plus shipping. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Bill

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

18 hours ago, telriv said:

WHY????  After ALL you went through.

Hi Tom,

I understand your surprise. You were instrumental in me figuring all of the in's and out's of the reel out light. Thank you again. I am pretty much a stock purist when it comes to the collector cars I have owned so in the end it boiled down to the fact that I just wanted to leave it the way it came from the factory. I didn't want to drill holes in my trunk and then possibly not like the light (which I still think is super cool) in my trunk, so I opted to play it safe and not install. I don't regret the process. I enjoyed learning about the lights and their placement and have that knowledge that I can share with others. I bought 3 lights in total that I refurbished and then sold. Even though I really didn't make much money off of the sales, I enjoy very much the process of taking something that doesn't look that great and bringing it back to life so that it looks good and is usable again. For me that's good entertainment. 

I am sending you a PM on another matter.

Bill