Hot Rod or Restored=HERSHEY Question

1937hd45

Guest Skyking

1937,although I like seeing most cars of the 50's and beyond kept stock (because they keep up with speed limits) let's be honest! What would you do with a stock 28 pick-up. Drive around the neighborhood?

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Assuming it was restored to near new condition mechanically, I'd drive it anywhere. A '28 Ford pickup would do 50 mph easily. I wouldn't take it on the interstate, but I'd take it down any two lane.

A Ford AA truck is a little different. It'll probably do closer to 35 mph. Not practical transportation in today's society, but I still want one.

Hal,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not practical transportation in today's society, but I still want one.

</div></div>

Me too. Maybe it's because I already have all the "practical transportation" I need. If you're going to go to car shows to look at and show off "practical transportation, [color:\\"red\\"] maybe you're not quite getting the point of all this.

Trying to improve the "practicality" of <span style="font-style: italic">anything</span> "antique" is the pursuit of an increasingly meaningless oxymoron.

But then I'm just an aberrant crackpot. tongue.gifsmirk.gif

The Roadster Pickup Project DID NOT SELL. An old timer did make me an offer that I accepted. Then came up with a line I have NEVER heard in the 30+ years I've been in the flea markets, "I have to ask my wife if I can buy it."! For the record every item that sold for $100.00 or more went to a rodder. The rain was a pain, but overall I had a great time. Once we all get used to the new layout it will be fine. Standing on the foot bridge watching the cars come in was fun Saturday.