1930 Graham Standard Six

Nuno

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Graham Man said:

Not sure what you are asking.  1930 had several models of sixes available 612, 615, 621, 629, 46, and 45.  So yes lots of pictures, let me know your question we will try to figure it out.

Hi.

Mine is the Standard Six wich replaced the 612. The literature refers different variants of this model. What I am trying to know are the differences between these variants.

Thank You .

Not sure what you are asking.  1930 had several models of sixes available 612, 615, 621, 629, 46, and 45.  So yes lots of pictures, let me know your question we will try to figure it out.

Ok that is a loaded question....Your 46 is the entry level Graham in 1930...so it is a well trimmed car above average, kind of Buick level.  The Business Coupe is designed for lots of travel so leather seat, mohair interior, the standard color is 30-1 (Graham-Paige blue with black interior) painted (black) wood wheels standard.  The bumper are not optional and are a $15 upcharge.   It is 1930 so almost any option is available for an extra charge.  Great engine that has been getting better since 1928.

Hope that helps?

19 minutes ago, Graham Man said:

Ok that is a loaded question....Your 46 is the entry level Graham in 1930...so it is a well trimmed car above average, kind of Buick level.  The Business Coupe is designed for lots of travel so leather seat, mohair interior, the standard color is 30-1 (Graham-Paige blue with black interior) painted (black) wood wheels standard.  The bumper are not optional and are a $15 upcharge.   It is 1930 so almost any option is available for an extra charge.  Great engine that has been getting better since 1928.

Hope that helps?

Thanks a lot for the description.

This one is my Graham.

IMG_2041.JPG

• Like 1

Now we are talking, great looking Graham!  The colors all look original.  I am guessing you are not in the US?  All export cars had side mounts.  The cowl lights make it a first series 46....maybe, I would need to see the front to be sure.  The numbers are in the rear seat floor (three tags) right side of the car, (sitting in it) by the rear door sill under the carpet.  Should be a paint code 30-XX and a vin to tell us more.  I really like the colors, love the black walls.  They are great cars to drive.

Now we are talking, great looking Graham!  The colors all look original.  I am guessing you are not in the US?  All export cars had side mounts.  The cowl lights make it a first series 46....maybe, I would need to see the front to be sure.  The numbers are in the rear seat floor (three tags) right side of the car, (sitting in it) by the rear door sill under the carpet.  Should be a paint code 30-XX and a vin to tell us more.  I really like the colors, love the black walls.  They are great cars to drive.

Color code 29-39. I am trying to find this color combination.

Body number 900318.

Exported to Portugal in 1930.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, ericmac said:

Interesting (to me at least) the name of the towing company.  AUTOMACLEOD.COM

Scotland?

Great car there!

Good luck with it,

Eric Macleod 

Hi Eric.

It is in Portugal. Automacedo is just the company that I hired to transport my car that day.

Thanks

Macedo is a Portuguese sir name. I’m Portuguese and live in MA close to where the largest Portuguese feast in the world is held. It’s the “Madeira feast) and it’s held for a few days in New Bedford every year. I personally just came back from a two week vacation in Madeira Portugal. Saw a few antique cars and even a 29 or30 Chevy bus.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:34 AM, chistech said:

Macedo is a Portuguese sir name. I’m Portuguese and live in MA close to where the largest Portuguese feast in the world is held. It’s the “Madeira feast) and it’s held for a few days in New Bedford every year. I personally just came back from a two week vacation in Madeira Portugal. Saw a few antique cars and even a 29 or30 Chevy bus.

Feliz Natal e um próspero Ano 2019.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

38 minutes ago, Graham Man said:

29-39 is a 1929 color code, unfortunately it is an export color code...so I can not help you.  There are no known color code books for the export cars.  The colors look correct, and the combination looks great.  I do have one more source I will check.

Thanks Graham Man.

It would be great if You could discover this mystery in the next source.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:20 AM, Graham Man said:

I should be able to get you a signed one of you want, great book and great read.  Lots of great information.

Thanks.

I have the book already, only not signed ... unfortunately.